Platinum is a noble metal, like Gold & Silver. It is used in jewelry-making at Suranas Jewelove. Platinum has some very unique properties that make it ideal for jewelry making.
- Platinum is the least reactive of all the noble metals used in jewelry. It does not cause any allergies or body reactions.
- Platinum is upto 50% stronger and harder than gold which makes it highly resistant to wear & tear. Weight loss over time is minimal.
- Platinum is naturally grayish-white, does not tarnish & remains retains its natural color always.
- Platinum is the rarest & the most precious of the 3. Platinum (Pt 950) is currently around 50% more expensive than Gold. It is naturally white & resistant to tarnish. At JeweloveTM we use Pt 950 authorized by the Platinum Guild International (PGI).
- White Gold is an alloy of Gold, White in color, it has all the properties of Gold because inherently it is Gold. We have a good collection of diamond jewelry made in White Gold.
- Silver is the cheapest of the 3 metals. Currently Silver is around 2.5% the price of Gold & just 1.67% the price of Platinum. At Suranas JeweloveTM we make jewelry in silver only on order.
Key Differences :
- They are different metals.
- Platinum is about 40% denser than white gold, much more stronger and heavier.
- Platinum is 30 times rarer than gold.
- Platinum does not lose metal when scratched, the metal is only displaced. Effectively your net platinum weight will not change over time, due to scratching.
- White Gold is an alloy of gold with nickel & silver & it will lose its white look over time to give you a yellowish white creamy color look. Actually, white gold is never pure white, it is creamy in color, it looks sparkling white due to the rhodium plating on new jewelry.
- Some customers are allergic to Nickel and hence allergic to white gold. We recommend Platinum as the preferred white metal for customers who are allergic to white gold.
- We craft platinum jewelry in Pt 950 only, i.e. 95% Platinum which is a much higher purity than even 22K Gold, which is only 91.6% pure. White gold is an alloy of gold with gold purity of 75% or less (18K White Gold has 75% purity, 14K White Gold has 58.5% purity and 9K White Gold has 37.5% purity.)
Below is an infographic that highlight the differences between Platinum & White Gold very clearly.
Next important thing to know is, How do you identify that your band is made in Platinum?
At Jewelove, Platinum Jewelry is hallmarked as Pt 950, according to the guidelines set by the Platinum Guild International (PGI) & comes with a Certificate of Authenticity by Platinum Guild International.
Look for the Pt 950 hallmark as shown in the picture below.
Yes, Platinum is strong & highly resistant to wear damage. Platinum is about 50% stronger & harder than gold. These properties ensure that the gems set in Platinum are secure. At JeweloveTM we recommend Platinum as the preferred choice of metal for expensive gems, including 1 carat+ Rubies & diamond solitaires.
Jewelry pieces containing Platinum have been found to be dated as early as 1200 B.C., i.e. over 3 millenia ago. The Egyptian civilization & pre-Incan civilization used Platinum for their highest ranked priests, kings & nobles.
- The great Egyptian priestess Shepenupet is buried in a magnificent Sacrophagus decorated with Gold & Platinum hieroglyphics.
- A small document casket made of Platinum is also placed in her tomb.
- King Louis of France
- Kings of Spain
- Kings of England
- Tsars of Russia have over time made not just crowns, swords & chalices of Platinum, but even whole rooms decorated with Platinum as an extravagant symbol of their luxury.
- Even the Maharaja of Patiala was a great connoiseur of Platinum.
- Later, in the 1930's Platinum became the preferred choice of Hollywood actresses, to the extent that a movie was made on the theme, Platinum Blonde.
- At the coronation of George VI, his wife Queen Elizabeth (Late Queen Mother of England) was crowned with an elegant crown made of Platinum & studded with the famous Koh-i-noor diamond.
- Wallis Simpson, the Duchess of Windsor even declared jewelry made of Platinum as the one & only choice for evening wear.
- Later, in the year 1967, when Elvis & Priscilla Ann Beaulieu married they exchanged Platinum wedding bands & since then, Platinum has never looked back.
Celebrate your special occassion with Platinum Love Bands by Jewelove.
Thre is long list of celebrities & royalties who wear Platinum & have expressed their Love with Patinum.
- Katrina Kaif & Ranbir Kapoor
- Mary Kom & Onler
- George Clooney proposed Amal Alamuddin with a Platinum Ring!
- Lady Gaga was proposed with a custom made platinum ring!
- Dinesh Karthik & Dipika Pallikal
- Tom Cruise proposed Katie Holmes with a Platinum ring
- Elvis Presley
- Kate Middleton
- Carrie Underwood
- Kristen Bell
- Helen Mirren
- Her Majesty, the Queen of England
- Sir Elton John
- David Furnish
- Eva Longoria
- Russell Crowe
- Gwen Stefani
- Reese WitherspoonKate Hudson
Yes, we are a licensed retailer for platinum jewelry & every piece of Platinum Jewelry purchased from Jewelove is accompanied with a Certificate of Authenticity by Platinum Guild International issued in adherence to the Platinum Guild quality norms for platinum jewelry. Here is a photo of a certificate for reference. We have a three layer security for our products.
- All platinum jewelry by Jewelove is hallmarked for Pt 950 (the platinum purity mark for 95% pure platinum)
- Each piece of platinum jewelry has a unique identification number that is engraved on it. That UID helps us to uniquely identify that product.
- This UID is also mentioned on the certificate so that you can verify that the certificate is for the this particular piece of platinum jewelry.
Pt 950 is the purity mark of Platinum. It means that the Platinum Purity in the jewelry is 95%. At Jewelove, all platinum jewelry is made in Platinum 950 only. And, every piece is hallmarked with Pt 950 & accompanied by a certificate of authenticity verifying the same.
We accept secure payments for both Indian & International customers via Credit Cards, Debit Cards & Net banking using the PayU payment gateway. Other than that, we also accept offline payments via RTGS, NEFT, check & direct bank deposit. Cash on Delivery upto ₹ 20,000 is available in select cities. You can select your preferred payment mode during checkout. International Customers can also pay using PayPal for orders upto ₹ 5,00,000.
Indian Customers : Yes, the prices are inclusive of all sales taxes & VAT from our end.
International customers : Please note that some countries charge an import duty. If the country you reside in charges an import duty, you are liable to pay it. In addition to the customs duty, Fedex may charge an additional handling charge for paying the duty for customs clearance which again, you are liable to pay. Please check with your local customs office for the relevant duties.
Your 100% satisfaction is important for us. We offer a 14-days Return & Exchange Policy. Please read the complete policy at Jewelove Return & Exchange Policy.
Yes, all jewelry shipped by Suranas Jewelove is insured for 100% value during shipping. We only ship through reputed couriers with 100% insurance.
We have an office in Jaipur where you can see our collection in person. Please take a prior appointment at +91-9828012999 to see the collection.
Currently, one order can be delivered to only one location. If you would like to have different items delivered to different locations, please place different orders for each of those items i.e. select the items to be delivered to one location & place the order, then start a fresh order & select the other items & place a second order for the second location. For your convenience, at the time of checkout you may want to enter a password & create an account, so that you do not have to fill in all the billing details the second time. You can simply change the shipping address.
Platinum Love Bands prices for female bands range from Rs. 10,000 upto Rs. 3,50,000 & platinum bands for men range from Rs. 19,000 upto Rs. 3,50,000. Couple bands start from Rs. 29,000 onwards upto Rs. 200,000. You can check out the collection & shop online at Platinum Love Bands & Wedding Bands in India
Please feel free to call us at +91-9828012999 or contact us for any more queries.